COACH FOR FIELD TEAM (VOLUNTEER POSITION)
Would you like to actively contribute to the Boat Refugee Foundation from home? You can! We are looking for a coach who would be willing to coach (remotely) one (or more) of our colleagues on Lesbos or in Athens for a period of approximately 6 to 12 months.
Boat Refugee Foundation works for fair treatment of people seeking refuge and a new home in Europe. We do this by advocating for their rights and needs to be respected in order to contribute to humane asylum and reception policies. And in a direct way by providing medical and psychosocial support to displaced people on the borders of Europe.
Our coordinators work in the field for a period of about 9 to 12 months, where they manage (part of) the team of volunteers and lead our missions. This is a challenging role with a lot of responsibility. As an employer, we believe it is important to provide them with all the support they need.
Given the demanding nature of the coordinator’s task, the coaching specifically focuses on maintaining vitality and resilience, as well as ensuring an energetic balance in the stressful work situation. The coaching addresses work-related matters while also paying attention to the personal and emotional aspects, aiming to enhance the coordinators’ problem-solving abilities. The coaching sessions are personal and confronting, warm, inviting, and challenging. The coaching conversations are characterized by mutual commitment, respect, and equality.
- You have completed a certified coaching training program;
- You have knowledge of and experience in coaching HBO/WO professionals who work under stressful conditions;
- It is a plus if you have previously worked with people in the humanitarian sector;
- You have good social skills, empathy, and self-awareness;
- You enjoy working in a solution-oriented manner. Naturally, you are capable of employing different coaching styles depending on the situation and the coachee's objectives;
- You are available in the short term;
- You are fluent in English;
- You have weekday availability.
Our coordinators work in Greece. Therefore, the coaching sessions will be conducted remotely. In principle, the conversations will take place every three weeks.
Does this voluntary position appeal to you? We would love to receive your application! Please send an email with your motivation and profile to firstname.lastname@example.org, attention to Milou Spliet, Volunteer Coordinator. We will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
SHOW MORE VACANCIES
Interpreting trainer Lesvos
Are you a professional interpreter and do you consider it a challenge to transfer your knowledge to others? Then this po…
Medical volunteer Lesvos
We are looking for doctors and nurses to strenghten our medical team on Lesvos. Will you join us?