We are looking for a Medical Coordinator for our medical mission in Eastern Europe. In this position, you will represent the medical mission in Poland. Together with our volunteer team, you will be committed to providing health care to refugees from Ukraine. Are you an experienced physician with humanitarian work experience abroad? And are you available as soon as possible? Then please read on!
Where will you work?
Boat Refugee Foundation provides medical and psychological (emergency) assistance and stands up for the rights of people on the run. Where systems become inhumane and compassion is lost, we take action. Since 2015, we have been working in various locations at the borders of Europe. In 2022, we have started new missions in Eastern Europe. The war in Ukraine has caused millions of people to flee. They arrive in Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Moldova or Romania. Our team helps by offering medical care.
What will you do?
As Medical Coordinator, you are responsible for coordinating and strengthening our recently launched medical mission in the Polish city of Krakow. Together with a volunteer team consisting of doctors, nurses and interpreters, you will see to it that people receive qualitive medical assistance.
These are your responsibilities:
- You will represent the medical mission in internal and external matters and coordinate collaboration with other medical parties.
- You will represent Boat Refugee Foundation, work to expand our network and maintain warm connections with existing cooperation partners.
- Based on your experiences in the field, you actively work on mission improvement. You will do this in cooperation with the Program Manager in the Netherlands.
- You will monitor medical activities and ensure the quality of our provided care.
- You will be responsible for referring patients to other (medical) organizations.
- You will monitor patient follow-up, keep our medical protocols up to date, and ensure a regular and adequate supply of medications and other medical supplies.
- You are the point of contact for the medical volunteers; you supervise and train them.
Who are we looking for?
Given the start-up phase of the mission, we are looking for a decisive, energetic initiator who can start as soon as possible and who is available for at least three months. It is an advantage if you have previously done (voluntary) work for Boat Refugee Foundation.
Good to know: it may happen that we start new missions during your contract. In this case it is possible that you will be asked to work (temporarily) at another location. In this we ask for your flexibility.
This is your profile:
- You hold a medical degree, preferably as an Emergency Medicine Physician, Tropical Physician or General Practitioner.
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience, including at least 1 year in the humanitarian field.
- You have experience as a manager within a foreign program; preferably in setting up new missions and conducting needs assessments.
- You have a good sense of what your team needs.
- You have people skills and a good understanding of qualities and pitfalls. You are able to put people in their power and can work with a broad spectrum of personalities.
- You are decisive and energetic and well able to make medical decisions independently.
- You are flexible and stress resistant, know how to tackle problems and act in a solution-oriented manner.
- You have experience developing tools to monitor the effectiveness of a program or activity (or have the ability to learn this quickly).
- You are fluent in English, both oral and written. Speaking Russian/Ukrainian is an advantage.
- You are a EU-resident.
- You are in possession of a driver's license B (this is a hard requirement).
What do we offer you?
- A temporary contract for three months. Extension after this period is possible, up to a maximum of twelve months.
- A salary appropriate to the character and purpose of our organization, based on a 40-hour work week.
- On-site accommodation in a hotel/AirBnB, where the rest of the team is also staying.
- Reimbursement of your travel expenses (up to a maximum of 500 euros).
Are you interested?
Do you recognize yourself in the above profile and are you available immediately? Then please apply quickly using the form below, by letter or video, for the attention of Program Manager Caroline van Kooten.
Requesting references is part of the application procedure. We kindly ask you to include at least two references in your letter and/or CV.
For more information about this position, please send an e-mail to email@example.com. The vacancy will close as soon as we have found a suitable candidate. We look forward to your response!
Send us your resume, motivation letter and/or video using the form below. We look forward to your response!
Show more vacancies
Interpreting trainer Lesvos
Are you a professional interpreter and do you consider it a challenge to transfer your knowledge to others? Then this po…
Medical volunteer Lesvos
We are looking for doctors and nurses to strenghten our medical team on Lesvos. Will you join us?