Are you a physician and do you want to use your expertise to help people in need? And are you available for a minimum of two weeks? Then come join our medical team in East-Europe as a volunteer.
Where will you work?
Boat Refugee Foundation provides medical and psychological (emergency) assistance and stands up for the rights of people on the run. Where systems become inhumane and compassion is lost, we take action. Since 2015, we have been working in various locations at the borders of Europe. In 2022, we have started new missions in Eastern Europe.
The war in Ukraine has caused millions of people to flee. They arrive in Poland, Slovakia, Hungary, Moldova or Romania. Our team helps by offering medical and psychological care.
Who are we looking for?
This mission requires a lot of improvisational talent from staff and volunteers. It is pioneering everyday and each day can look different; you have to be able to cope with that. You know how to improvise and how to handle ad hoc jobs. Flexibility and decisiveness are important qualities that you possess.
- You are a senior physician, preferably with experience as a general practitioner, in emergency care, pediatrics, international health care or tropical medicine.
- Experience in the humanitarian field is a plus.
What do we ask of you?
- You are available for a minimum of two weeks (longer availability is a big plus).
- You have a good command of the English language, including medical terms.
- You have improvisational skills and a flexible attitude.
- You preferably have experience working in a multicultural setting.
- You are physically and mentally healthy and able to work long hours.
- You know how to use an iPad and Google Forms.
- You have a B driver's license and can drive a manual/stick-shift car.
- It is an advantage if you have previously done volunteer work for Boat Refugee Foundation.
Costs and conditions
Boat Refugee Foundation’s existence depends on the many volunteers and donors, without which we’d not be able to do our job. Our financial means are mostly spent on emergency care. That is why we ask all volunteers to pay for their own travel and stay.
The foundation takes care of an extensive travel insurance, so you do not have to take care of this yourself.
Are you interested?
Do you recognize yourself in the above profile and would you like to work with us as a volunteer? Then sign up using the form below and we will contact you soon. We look forward to your response!
Sign up now
Please sign up using the form below and we will contact you as soon as possible. Thank you!
Show more vacancies
Medical Coordinator – Eastern Europe
We are looking for a Medical Coordinator for our medical mission in Eastern Europe. In this position, you will represent…
Interpreting trainer Lesvos
Are you a professional interpreter and do you consider it a challenge to transfer your knowledge to others? Then this po…