We are looking for a coordinator for our Mental Health and Psychosocial Support (MHPSS) program on Lesvos. Do you have extensive experience in the field of MHPSS project management and working with refugees? Do you have a strong character and can you work independently in a stressful environment? And are you available for nine months? Then read on!
Where will you work?
Boat Refugee Foundation provides medical and psychological (emergency) aid and stands up for the rights of people seeking refuge. We take action where systems become inhumane and compassion is lost. Since 2015, we have been working in various locations on the borders of Europe, including on the Greek island of Lesvos.
As MHPSS Coordinator, you will be part of a team of three coordinators. You will be managed by the Area Manager on Lesbos, with whom you will have regular feedback moments. Our focus is on providing psychological support in the form of supportive conversations, stress reduction techniques and empowerment.
We work in a trauma-sensitive manner and discuss cases as a team. If necessary, we refer severe cases involving serious psychopathology to specialized organizations.
What will you do?
You will coordinate the MHPSS activities, develop the program, lead a team of professional volunteers and maintain contacts with partner organizations and local authorities. The MHPSS team on Lesvos which you lead consists of experienced psychologists and other mental health workers.
You will be working in an environment where you are bound by the rules of the Greek government. Here you keep looking for possibilities, responding to the ever changing needs of the target group and the context.
You have the following responsibilities:
- You expand existing projects and set up new ones where necessary.
- You attend relevant meetings with other organizations.
- You maintain and build a network and collaborations with other organizations and local authorities (camp management, police).
- You contribute to the strong, multidisciplinary cooperation with the medical team and support the medical staff where necessary.
- You create and renew protocols, manuals, rules of conduct and trainings, among others.
- In collaboration with the Area Manager, you ensure mission quality and continuously work to improve processes and policies.
- You monitor and evaluate the activities of the program and make proposals for improvement based on collected data and observations.
- Finally, you are the point of contact for substantive questions related to MHPSS.
Who are you?
You have extensive experience in the field of MHPSS project management and working with refugees. You have a strong character, dare to set boundaries and can work independently in a stressful environment. It is important that you can respond quickly to change, dare to make decisions and can set priorities. In doing so, you keep the interests of the target group, the organization and your team well in mind. You are stress resistant, innovative and flexible.
- You have a master's degree in (clinical) psychology, psychiatry or equivalent studies with technical knowledge of project management.
- You have at least 2 years of work experience in a clinical setting and in working with individuals with specific vulnerabilities such as SGBV survivors, victims of torture and violence, etc.
- Experience with working abroad is a definite plus.
- You have affinity with working in a constantly changing and multicultural context.
- You are fluent in English in word and writing. Speaking Dutch, Greek, Farsi, Arabic and/or French is an advantage.
- You have leadership/management experience. You have a good sense of what your team needs.
- You have a good view on people's qualities and pitfalls and start conversations to get to know your team members better. This knowledge enables you to put the team in its best strength.
- You are social and communicative.
- You know how to get things done, always see opportunities and act in a solution-oriented manner.
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation is a plus.
- You are a EU-citizen.
- Finally, you are in possession of a driver's license B. This is a hard requirement.
What do we offer you?
- A temporary contract for nine months. (Extension after this period is possible).
- A salary appropriate to the character and purpose of our organization.
- A budget for accommodation, for which you are responsible. Of course, we will help you in your search for this.
- Outward and return flight
- (Shared) rental car + fuel
Are you interested?
Are you excited about this position and are you available for at least nine months from August 2022? Then please apply before June 19 using the form below, for the attention of Program Manager Caroline van Kooten.
As part of the application procedure, references will be requested and a case and an assessment will be made. We therefore kindly ask you to include at least two references in your letter and/or CV. Questions about the position can be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to your response!
You can apply for this position using the form below. We look forward to your response!