BASED IN THE NETHERLANDS
We are looking for a new programme manager for our programmes, at this moment in Lesvos and Athens. As programme manager, you are in charge of developing and implementing our programme strategy and you provide leadership and support to the area managers who manage the programmes in the field.
Where will you work?
Boat Refugee Foundation provides medical and psychosocial (emergency) support and advocates for the rights of people on the move at the borders of Europe. Where systems become inhumane and compassion is lost, we take action. Since 2015, we have been working in different locations on the borders of Europe; currently we work in Greece.
The programme manager is responsible for the programmes and operational activities in the field. In collaboration with the director, the programme team in the Netherlands and the area managers, the programme manager determines the strategic direction of the programmes and contributes to the planning, implementation and monitoring of the organisation’s mission, goals and priorities in line with Boat Refugee Foundation’s overarching strategy and annual plan.
Duties and responsibilities
As programme manager, you are responsible for overseeing, directing and monitoring the programmes. You will ensure that programme activities are implemented effectively and with a high degree of quality and you will continuously work to improve and increase the impact of the programmes to achieve the programmatic strategic goals. This includes the following tasks and responsibilities:
- You are responsible for developing, implementing and monitoring programme strategies, high-quality and effective programme activities, annual work plans and budgets of the programmes;
- You ensure substantive and technical advice and follow-up in field programmes, based on your own expertise and the involvement of technical advisors (medical, mental health and psychosocial support, safety and security);
- You support and provide mentorship to area managers in the further development of planning, leadership, quality assurance and talent development of colleagues in the field. You also oversee, together with the area managers, a healthy and positive working environment for colleagues in the field;
- You visit programmes in the field at least twice a year;
- You develop the necessary partnerships to increase the impact of our programmes through strategic collaboration;
- In your role as programme manager based in the Netherlands and working closely with the field, you function as a bridge between the field teams and the various other positions in the Netherlands.
Who are we looking for?
We look for the following skills in a programme manager: you are well-organised, communicatively strong, a skilful (people) manager, a strategic planner and an influencer. You can create and maintain overview and you are able to see the bigger picture, as well as zoom in on details when necessary. You are able to adjust plans easily and quickly and respond to the current situation in the field. You can peak in times of great pressure and know how to prioritise.
Required knowledge and experience:
- You have academic level work experience and a relevant (masters) degree;
- You have at least three years' experience in leading programmes and budget management in the humanitarian sector;
- You preferably have experience in the field of (emergency) support to, collaboration with or advocacy for the position and rights of people on the move;
- You have experience in managing multiple staff members;
- You think strategically, on the short, medium and long term;
- You can align the needs and interests of different stakeholders;
- You have well-developed communication skills and understanding of people;
- You quickly identify opportunities for growth and quality improvement, are solution-oriented and think in terms of opportunities;
- You have an excellent command of the English language, both orally and in writing; command of the Dutch language is an advantage;
- Eligible to work in an EU country. Boat Refugee Foundation is unfortunately not able to arrange a work permit for candidates.
What do we offer you?
We offer a contract for the duration of one year for 32 – 36 hours per week, with the intention of extension after this period. The position is graded in salary scale 8 of the Dutch Collective Labour Agreement for Social Work (as of 1 January 2024).
You will be working within a small organisation with colleagues in the Netherlands and in Greece. In a working environment where you get a lot of space to contribute your own ideas/initiative, in an open and welcoming team with enthusiastic colleagues. We offer flexible working hours and the possibility to work partly from home, allowing you to combine work and private life.
Are you enthusiastic about this position and preferably available from January 2024? Then we would love to meet you! We invite you to apply before Monday 27 November by sending your CV and motivation letter and/or video using the form below. Questions about the position can be emailed to email@example.com.
The first job interviews will take place on Wednesday 29 November (online); second interviews will take place on Tuesday 5 December at our office in Ede (in The Netherlands).
A reference check is part of the application procedure, as well as the submission of a VOG (criminal record check) and a case study.
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Please apply using the form below. We look forward to your response!
Medical volunteer Lesvos
We are looking for doctors and nurses to strenghten our medical team on Lesvos. Will you join us?
MHPSS volunteer Lesvos
Are you a psychologist, psychotherapist, psychiatric nurse practitioner or certified in (ortho)pedagogy? Come join our M…