We are looking for a professional who would like to take our interpreting team on Lesvos to a next level. Are you an interpreter who loves to transfer knowledge to others? Do you enjoy teaching groups and developing training material? Then this position might be a match!
On Lesvos we work with a team of interpreters, also known as our ground team, who support the medical and PSS missions. These volunteers live in the camp and are indispensable in our work. They help us by translating our consultations from English into Farsi, Arabic, French, Lingala or one of the other languages. Thanks to our interpreters, we can help people in their own language.
What are you going to do?
In order to take our interpreting team to a next level, we are looking for a professional interpreter who can develop training courses together with our field coordinator on Lesvos. Some of these trainings you will deliver yourself. Also, you will support our interpreters during their job in the clinic.
Your working hours will be scheduled flexibly and it could be that you get asked to join the shifts. The medical shifts are from 17:00 until midnight.
What do we expect of you?
- You have completed a relevant interpreter training program.
- You speak fluent English and can develop training materials and deliver training in English.
- Ability to speak Farsi, Arabic or French is a plus.
- You have broad experience with interpreting. It is a plus if you have experience in medical translation.
- You are experienced in developing and delivering training to a team.
- You have previously worked in an international environment and are skilled at collaborating with people who come from different cultural backgrounds.
- You are sociable and a skilled communicator.
- You are available for a minimum of 4 weeks.
- You are in the possession of a driving license B.
Costs and conditions
Boat Refugee Foundation can only exist thanks to our many dedicated volunteers and donors. Without them/you, we would not be able to carry out our work. We wish to spend our available funds to our missions as much as possible. For this reason, we ask all our volunteers to pay their own travel and stay. In addition, all volunteers are responsible for their own travel insurance and possible vaccinations. We have two volunteer houses on Lesvos where you can stay for 10 euros a night. After one month you can stay here for free.
Are you interested in this volunteer job? And did you read the information about practical matters? Then please apply by completing the form below and we'll contact you soon!
Zie meer vacatures
Support Crew Lesvos
Do you like to welcome our patients and support the other volunteers? Come join our team on Lesvos as a Support Crew Vo…
Host volunteer houses Lesvos
Are you energetic, empathic and do you like to take care of people ánd practical matters? Come join our team as a Host(…